The following are the results of a survey/poll sent to members of our mailing list.
These couples surveyed were married as of January 19, 2021.
The survey/poll asked the following question:
Has the lockdown and other changes to life from the COVID-19 pandemic affected your marriage relationship?
The following options were provided:
- The lock down has not changed my marriage.
- The lock down has harmed my marriage.
- The lock down has been good for my marriage.
2429 people responded to this survey conducted January 19, 2021 to our email list.
Of the 2429 respondents:
- 17% answered that the pandemic had been good for their marriage
- 72% answered that the pandemic had not changed their marriage
- 11% answered that the pandemic had harmed their marriage
Women were more likely to say their marriage had improved than men.
Men were more likely to say that their marriage had become worse.
21% of women said that their marriage had improved compared to 14% of men.
15% of men said that their marriage was worse compared to 7% of women.
Question: Are You Considering Divorce?
Respondents were also asked if they were considering divorce as of January 19, 2021.
Of the respondents, 19.98% (284) said that they were considering divorce.
*This number is down 29% from our 2019 survey of 1277 married couples where 357 or 28% responded that they were considering divorce.
Demographics of Respondents:
- 48.7% of respondents were from the United States.
- 21.4% of respondents were from the United Kingdom
- 5.8% of respondents were from India
- 5.2% Canada
- 4.6% Philippines
Sex of Respondents:
- 54% female
- 46% male
Age of Respondents:
- 18-24 years 10.6%
- 25-34 years 23.7%
- 35-44 years 37.5%
- 45-54 years 14.9%
- 55-64 years 9.1%
- 65+ years 4.2%
It appears that some married couples experienced trauma induced limerence from the uncertainty and fear of the lockdowns of 2020-2021 and that such a spark fueled them to work out their issues and improve their marriage relationship.
SUBSCRIBE On YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter